Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Am I an accessory to a killing?

For anyone who knows me they are well aware of my insane hatred of barking dogs.  It is like nails on a blackboard to me.  My first home snuggled up next to a pet hoarder.  This woman was a total animal freak and lived in their filth.  One of the main reasons I sold the house when I did was to get away from all the dogs in the neighborhood.  I truly believe there is a direct correlation between poverty and pets.  The more pets you have the less money you make. 
A few highlights of my hatred of barking dogs -
~Being 7 months pregnant and after only getting two hrs of sleep (I had to get up and go to work that day and then had finals at college that night) going to the neighbors door at 6 in the morning and beating on the door yelling to shut the dog up.
~Going to court against the neighbor with the constantly barking dogs.  I looked like a total A hole. She literally showed up in a wheel chair and said it was to hard to let the dogs in when they were barking cuz of her limited mobility.  She also told the judge that if she let the dogs in they kept her up at night, I almost slapped the cripple right then and there.
~Putting a mt. climbing head lamp at 2 am and going to the neighbor's house to let the dog out of the fence.  I figured if I could break the dog out it would find something to do besides bark all night.
This all leads to my incident that I recently experienced.  I was dropping my daughter off at school.  I went through the horse shoe shaped drop off area and turned right onto the main road outside the school. This is a residential street.  As I drove down the street I noticed a small white dog in the yard of a home.  I was going slow and slowed down even more when I saw the dog.  I had my friend's 2 year old (we will call her Curly Q) in the back seat.  I tap lightly on my window and say to Curly Q look at the cute dogie.  As I continue to drive the dog barks at me (cuz small dogs do this for no reason and all the time) and comes to the side walk toward the car.  I keep driving and as I pass the house a large dodge truck passes me.  I immediately hear tires braking look in my rear view mirror and see the small dog fly out from under the truck.  Soooo was I to blame?  The dog may have been coming out to chase me.  Is karma from my dog hatred catching up to me?  How does this stuff happen.  In case your wondering I did not stop.  I didn't want to see people freak out over their run over dog.  The large truck did stop.  There were two cars parked on the street and he couldn't have seen the dog coming out. I felt bad for him. 
I am thinking about hiring him to come to my neighborhood and drive around behind me, there are a few local dogs that bark all the time around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment