Friday, January 14, 2011

Maybe I should stick with watching Modern Family

So tonight I was watching Super Nanny.  How messed up is a person that watching this show makes them cry? It isn’t like it is Extreme Home Makeover where some child has an incurable illness or anything; this is rotten kids and lazy parents. And oh yes there is me in the corner wiping tears from my eyes.   I see some dad tell his daughter how much he loves her and gives her a hug, minutes before this girl is bashing her sister in the head.  Now the head bashing is simply like home to me, the father hugging Leave it to Beaver moment isn’t in my memories, so I get all teary.  This should probably be a topic that I should bring up at counseling (if and when I go back) but with all my current messed up stuff I have when will I ever get to that????  After my first husband died I went to a counselor for the first time. During the first appointment my family gets brought up and my mother’s death and my distant father comes into the conversation. By the end of the appointment I made the counselor cry and being the true hidden closet Catholic that I am I felt guilty so I only went back one more time out of courtesy than never saw the woman again.  Maybe she thinks she healed me after two visits, that is my hope cuz I certainly don’t want HER to feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment